Through my clinical experience, I have observed that more and more of my adult ADHD clients present with autistic traits.
The research is inconsistent regarding the statistics; however, it is estimated that up to 70% of ADHDers meet the criteria for Autism diagnosis.
We currently offer a few autism assessment options:
- 3 individual sessions: 2 assessments sessions and 1 feedback session ( no report) -$1000 ( some Medicare rebate might be available )
- 3 individual seasons (2 assessments sessions and 1 feedback session ) + short 1 page report – $1250
- 3 individual sessions (2 assessments sessions and 1 feedback session ) + full report -$1600
We also provide combined ADHD and autism assessment:
- 4 individual sessions ( no report ) $1300
- 4 individual sessions + short report $1600
- 4 individual sessions + full report $2000
Why should I get assessed?
- There is no medication for autism; most treatment focuses on addressing individual needs
- Following a diagnosis, most people report relief and reduction of anxiety symptoms
- You might be eligible to access NDIS
- Keep in mind that having an autism or ADHD diagnosis might affect your eligibility for certain jobs or visas
Should I get a report?
The report would only be needed if you apply for NDIS or other support organisations. If you are getting assessed for personal reasons ( better self-awareness), then it might not be necessary.
If your University or your employer require more information, a simple letter might be sufficient.